Family Law // I’m often able to settle family law cases without a trial. When a trial is required, I deliver the best possible outcome.


A divorce decree establishes the new relations between the husband and wife, including their duties and obligations. These often include property, support responsibilities, and provisions for any children. When a marriage breaks up, divorce law provides legal solutions for issues the husband and wife are unable to resolve through mutual cooperation. As your attorney, my job is to assist you in understanding what is rightfully yours in the divorce, and to help you get it.


A dissolution is like a divorce, but it can eliminate much of the process and expense. Unlike a divorce, fault grounds are not at issue. The separation agreement must settle all property disputes and all issues pertaining to spousal support, child custody and visitation, property division and payment of marital debts. If you think this is the right next step for you, I can help you better understand the paperwork necessary to file a dissolution petition.

Custody & Visitation

Child custody and visitation rights determine the care, control, and maintenance of a child the court may award to one of the parents following a divorce or separation. If there is disagreement about which parent has the right to make these decisions, or if government officials believe a parent is unfit to make the decisions, then family courts or juvenile courts will determine custody. As your attorney, it’s my mission to help you retain child custody and visitation rights.

Child Support

Child support is the financial contribution one parent makes to another for the support of their children. Child support may be ordered when parents are separated, and/or in divorce, dissolution of marriage, paternity and legal separation cases. It is ordered by the court or the child support agency, or established by agreement of the parties and approved by the court, in an amount that should allow the child to enjoy the same standard of living he or she would have enjoyed had the parents remained (or had ever) married.

Civil Protection Order

If you are the victim of stalking, abuse, or nonconsensual sexual conduct, you can ask the court to order a Civil Protection Order to prevent your abuser from having any further contact with you. Ohio defines abuse as physically or mentally harming, harassing, intimidating, or interfering with the personal liberty of another. I can help you file the paperwork necessary to complete a Civil Protection Order as soon as possible.